Wednesday, October 19

With Thanksgiving

I've been emailing with someone who makes me realize just how much God has blessed us. While days with my boys may be difficult, He has tenderly sustained us with benefits unknown in many places.

I am incredibly grateful for my church, Bethel Presbyterian and the teaching, fellowship, and encouragement it has consistently provided. I've written previously about how the women helped us get Samuel accustomed to sitting through the worship services.

While Samuel clearly has many challenges, he also is rich with capabilities and has been spared many of the effects of autism. He drives me crazy some days, but generally greets the world with friendly optimism.

We are within easy driving distance of some of the finest medical institutions. While we have no specific cure for autism, Samuel has been able to receive excellent occupational and speech therapy. He has also recently been extensively evaluated, which I'll discuss in another post.

No comments: