Tuesday, November 17

A New Start

Samuel's new occupational therapy sessions look so promising! He had such fun rolling, climbing, throwing, and balancing. Best of all, the therapist is very in tune with what he needs for speech, gently correcting and encouraging him to use the right phrases and sentence structures.

I'm appreciating that Samuel likes to be challenged -- he becomes so enthusiastic, grinning and really concentrating on the situation. It's infectious! I found myself with an ear-to-ear smile just watching. Already, I can see some adaptations we can make during school -- something as simple as flopping down on our bellies to read will work his shoulder and core muscles.

We are hugely blessed to have so many good medical resources around us. I'd dearly love to live out in the middle of nowhere. But living here means my baby gets what he needs!

No comments: