Friday, February 19

What Is Tested?

I've started looking at possible testing for Samuel this spring. I often did this with my older kids to help with curriculum selection for the coming school year. With Samuel, I'm concerned we will face a bit more scrutiny because he is "special needs."

Here's my dilemma: from what I've seen so far, the tests will depend a lot on language skills, his ability to understand what I tell him and his ability to express himself. He is reading at a second grade level (at least) and is doing well with his math, science, and social studies. So how do I demonstrate that without encountering his known weaknesses?

Looking at some of the test prep materials might be helpful and may eliminate my concerns. Right now, I'm just going by online descriptions. We have a store locally that sells educational materials, so it will be worth a trip over there.

No comments: