Friday, January 8

Back to Routine

We've done surprisingly well for the first week after a major school break. The kids are bringing out school materials on their own -- we had a US geography lesson before I finished my coffee this morning -- and we've been running at just about full curriculum on everything else.

Although it's been chilly, the boys have been able to spend a lot of time outdoors this week, and I think that helps. When they come back inside, they're willing to settle down and do some quiet lessons. When they can't get outside, I've found school is like trying to get an Irish setter puppy to sit in the parlor and sip tea -- it's not easy!

We had a few inches of snow last night, so the boys are heading out for a while. Let's see if my theory proves to be correct and we can get school done later .... gotta go find the mittens!

No comments: