Thursday, January 14

A Day For Grief

The extent of human suffering in Haiti is truly unimaginable. I have spoken of it only in general terms -- that there was a disaster and that people have been hurt -- and the kids have heard me pray for the people in that tiny island nation.

When Samuel, his brother, and I sit down again in a few minutes, we'll find Haiti on their earth ball. I had thought of using it to show them how the surface of the earth can quake, but decided that it would be a concept far too scary. Thank God I can teach them that he "who trust in God's unchanging love, leans on a rock that naught can move."

2 comments:

Heidi said...

That, about the things that are not shaken, is what I have also been trying to comfort myself with today. Thanks for reminding me of that hymn.

He is a bright kid ... said...

I love that hymn too! Samuel learned it fairly early and it was something to hear a 3 year old saying "naught."