Thursday, September 3

Too Close For Comfort

I have a sense of panic. My husband, a math teacher, is already back at work. Yesterday, our oldest son started attending a private school to give me time to work with Samuel and Baby U. Next Tuesday is the date we've chosen to start our homeschooling. In a few months, I'm sure we will settle into a workable routine, but right now the house, our school materials, and plans seem like a complete jumble.

Just about all our curricula is new to us, so I'll be able to do very little off the top of my head. That means, gulp, lesson planning! Plus, I'm trying to develop my own "Bible" for Samuel. I'd like for him to start each day reading a little to himself. But I don't want one of those Bible story books, I want the actual text. But he gets so distracted by the verse numbers, notes etc. So I'm trying to develop appealing pages that have the text, but none of the other distractions.

Most of my closest community has been told that I will be out of pocket this fall. But I probably should have assumed some planning time during the first of the school year, after my husband and son were out of the house. Now is the primary time I have to work on anything, and  its just too close to the "doing."

1 comment:

Ruby said...

Breathe...breathe...